Established by the Babe Ruth League Alumni Association, the first annual National Babe Ruth League Day was held on June 2, 2017. Many leagues across the country held special activities to commemorate the day, and a fun time was had by all. We expect even more leagues to join in on the fun on Saturday, June 2, 2018.
The purpose of Babe Ruth League Day is to promote camaraderie and inspire a new generation of Babe Ruth Leaguers as we come together to celebrate the Babe Ruth League experience. It’s easy for your league to participate:
- Hold a special event such as a picnic or barbeque. Invite the current and past members of your league, as well as other residents from your community.
- Plan games and activities for adults and children. Skills competitions are always a big hit, such as a Home Run Derby, Pitch-Hit-Run, Bean Bag Toss.
- Hold an open mic session for anyone who wishes to share their Babe Ruth League stories to impress the new generation of Babe Ruth Leaguers.
- Share videos, photos and scrapbooks.
- Honor current/past members and supporters of your program.
- Wear Babe Ruth Apparel. Visit the Babe Ruth League website and click on the store to select new merchandise from Babe Ruth League and/or the Alumni Association
- Use your imagination to commemorate what the Babe Ruth League program means to you.
- Be sure to post to Social Media (#baberuthalumni).
- In addition, please send stories/photos of your special Babe Ruth League Day to share in BRL e-newsletters. All material can be emailed to email@example.com.
On June 2, 1935, Babe Ruth, one of the greatest players in the history of baseball, retired after 22 seasons, 10 World Series, and 714 home runs. The following year, Ruth, a larger-than-life figure whose name became synonymous with baseball, was one of the first five players inducted into the sport’s Hall of Fame. Babe Ruth League, Inc. would make the baseball immortal for whom the program is named very proud. Youth always had a special place reserved in “The Babe’s” heart.