|Want to sign up a team (or teams) to participate in a National Qualifier? Here's what you'll need to do:
- Each team must be a chartered Babe Ruth Softball program to qualify for a World Series berth in any age group.
- Tournaments are open to Xtreme Fastpitch teams as well. However, if the team is not also a dual chartered team under Babe Ruth Softball, they will be asked to attend the National Championship for Xtreme Fastpitch.
- Team entry fees for the National Qualifiers are paid to the host league. No monies outside of your charter fee and proper insurance coverage is required to Headquarters.
- If your team wins a National Qualifier for the World Series, you must still play in the Babe Ruth Softball Tournament Trail in District, State and Regional Play if offered in your state and region. Failure to participate in the normal Babe Ruth Softball Tournament trail to completion will void your berth to the World Series.
- Teams who win a National Qualifier will be asked to place a deposit with the host site upon winning your qualifier. There is no team entry fee for a Babe Ruth Softball World Series, however, the host will retain the deposit in full if your team does not attend the Babe Ruth League World Series.
- The team will not be listed as a team attending until the deposit is paid and recorded by the World Series host site.
- World Series instructions will be sent to each team upon winning a National Qualifier Tournament.
- All teams are asked to dual charter under both Babe Ruth Softball and Xtreme Fastpitch so that teams are able to compete in both the Babe Ruth Softball World Series and Xtreme Fastpitch National Championship if they wish to do so.
- Teams in the 12U and 16U age levels that win a Regional Tournament will be known on the schedules as the Regional Champion. However, if the Regional Champion has already qualified for a BRL Softball World Series through a National Qualifier Tournament in that age group, they will not receive travel funds from Babe Ruth League. Babe Ruth League will provide travel funds and a World Series berth to the runner-up or highest team that does not already have a berth to the series since the runner-up may not have enough time to fundraise and so that the World Series pool does not shrink.
- 8U, 10U and 14U age levels do not receive any travel funds for regional winners since the World Series host is not paying a host fee that covers World Series Travel costs. Teams will be required to book their own travel to and from the World Series.
Questions? Please contact Headquarters at 1-800-880-3142 for more information.