You say you know the rules. Try this quiz to see how prepared you really are for 2017.
1. Where on a batter’s body is the bottom of the strike zone?
2. A batted ball that hits either first or third base is:
a. A foul ball
b. A fair ball if it then bounces into fair territory
c. A fair ball even if it bounces into foul territory
d. A fair ball only if it stays in the field
3. The tallest glove, with an overall height of 15.5 inches, may be worn by a player at which position?
4. True of False? A batter may get on base by safely hitting a pitch that bounces before it reaches home plate.
5. True of False? A batter’s feet may not touch the batter’s box.
6. What is the call when two runners end up on the same base?
7. True or false. A batter who is hit by a pitch without making an effort to get out of the way will not be awarded first base.
8. True or False? A player who bats out of order is automatically out.
9. What happens if a manager makes a trip to the mound twice during the same player’s at-bat?
10. True or False? A runner who fails to tag up on a caught fly ball is automatically out.
11. True of False? The catcher may block the plate any time a runner is attempting to score.
12. True or False? If in trying to make a catch in front of the outfield wall, the ball bounces off the fielder’s glove over the wall, it is a home run.
13. True or False? A runner who overruns first base can be tagged out if he doesn’t immediately return to the base.
14. What happens when a batter bunts the ball foul with two strikes against him?
15. If two umpires should simultaneously make conflicting calls, how is the situation settled?
16. True or False? If a thrown ball hits an umpire, play continues.
17. A first baseman attempting to catch a popup in foul territory fails to make the catch after running into the first base coach. What is the umpire’s call?
18. What rule applies to the use of pine tar on bats to improve a batter’s grip?
19. Which one of the following is the pitcher allowed to do?
a. Rub the ball on his uniform.
b. Spit on the ball.
c. Rub the ball on his glove.
d. Touch his pitching hand to his mouth while on the mound.
Click Here for Answers to the Quiz